The objectives of the Norwin Historical Society are to preserve and promote the history of the Norwin area and educate the community about the people, places and events that comprise the history of Irwin, North Irwin, and North Huntingdon Township. In brief, we pursue these goals through the following activities:
- A “Homes for the Holidays” tour in December
- An “Antiques on Main” sale in September
- Caring for the grounds of the historic Brush Creek Associate Reformed Church Cemetery
- Providing a military honor guard to honor our area’s war dead on the Sunday before Memorial Day.
- Providing speakers to local organizations and area schools as requested.
- Participating in the following countywide organizations:
- Pennsylvania Federation of Museums and Historical Organizations
- Westmoreland County Historical Society
- Westmoreland Heritage
- Laurel Highland Visitors Bureau
- The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County
- Norwin Chamber of Commerce –Excellence In Education Program and Annual Community Picnic
- Norwin Public Library
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Norwin School District – Educational hiking/walking trail and Local History Day
- Eagle Scout Projects
- Irwin Business and Professional Association
- American Legion
Through this website, we reach out to all present and previous residents and interested visitors who share an interest in the rich history of this area. We seek local memorabilia and historical documents which help to support this goal.
We thank you again for your continued support of the Norwin Historical Society!
Carl G. Huszar, President